Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Top Five Sources of Information


TikTok

As someone who doesn't regularly watch the news, I get most of my information from the social media app, Tik Tok. Most of the news that comes up on my page is about crime, celebrities, and global events. There are no major news platforms on the app so the information comes from users who create their own videos about current events using information from big news sources.I like getting news from Tik Tok because it usually is a 2-minute summary of the information using basic terms, making it easy to understand and absorb. Tik Tok uses an algorithm to put videos of your interest into your feed, so I only see news about my interests. I would recommend this platform to others because it is a quick way to get information that is personalized to each individual user. Click here for an example of a user who shares news stories on their page. 

ESPN App


Although this is not a mainstream news source, I receive all of my sports news through ESPN. The way I access this news source is through the ESPN App on my phone, which sends me notifications when big news stories are released. I like using this app because I feel as if sports media is less biased as other news sources and ESPN articles are often easy to understand if you do not know much about sports. I would suggest this platform to others because it is easy to access from the TV, internet, and the app. It also has stories that are short and to the point, making it very convenient to use on the go. Click here to access the ESPN website. 


Family/ Friends

Since I do not watch the news often, I get a lot of my information from my family and friends. My parents watch the news every morning before they go to work and usually talk to me about what is going on in politics when I come downstairs for breakfast. They give me a summary of current political events and answer any questions I have to make it easier to understand. I would recommend using your family and friends as a news source because it is very interesting to hear the interpretations of current events by others, and they can help make the stories easier to understand. 


Apple News App

As someone who doesn't usually look a the news, I get a lot of my information from the Apple News App that sends me notifications on my phone. I don't usually just open the app to see what is going on, I only go on it when I receive a notification for a breaking news story. I would suggest this to others because it is an easy way to stay updated on breaking news because it sends notifications of the stories directly to your phone. The news app is easy to access and more reliable than a lot of other news sources because doesn't lean towards a specific political side. 

Fox News 


Fox News is a channel that leans towards the Republican side of politics. Although I am not an avid news watcher, my parents always have it on. I get a lot of my information from watching Fox News while I am downstairs while my parents have it on. I would recommend this channel to anyone that leans towards the right as it is politically biased just like all other news channels. They provide insights and information that otherwise would not be known to the public if they were viewing other channels. Fox News is extremely timely and gets information out fast, making it the perfect place to hear all of the current news stories. Click here to access the Fox News website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

MY RELATIONSHIP WITH TECHNOLOGY      Throughout my life, as each year passes, technology becomes more prevalent and has an important role in...